Wanda revisited

I always wonder if old patterns I made still work so when I was about to make this dress in silk, I thought I should make it in a fabric that was easier on my anxiety level.

Working with silk is always a raised anxiety level project so when I used this paisley damask fabric, the chill factor kicked in.

Piping worked again on the neckline at that the waistline too.

The bodice is fully lined for this version and I’ve hand sewn the hem.

This fabric didn’t need to be matched but all the seams match.
The key adjustment was made along the bust pleats. They are too wide so I had to hand stitch the outer bust pleat. It just looked weird – out of place.

Another dress pattern that works!
Follow

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.