This dress just had to happen again. New Look 6000 using a chambray flower print from Minerva Crafts. I’ve been working my way through some remnants, as you can see.
There are always parts of the construction process that spur me on, like getting the sleeves made.
Once I get to the invisible zipper stage, I know the dress is coming along nicely. Until I have to try the dress on. This is the perfect stage to adjust the fit.
Can you see the piping along the neckline. I still had enough piping for this dress.
The piping acts like a necklace.
This is the same piping I used on the original Deer and Doe Belladone dress I made for September. The fabric colours of this fabric is the same on the Minerva Crafts website.
This version is work-worthy.
The sleeve length also help with battle with aircon that gets very cold during the day.
There’s much less stress sewing a dress from a pretty remnant that you know works.