I always wonder if old patterns I made still work so when I was about to make this dress in silk, I thought I should make it in a fabric that was easier on my anxiety level.
Working with silk is always a raised anxiety level project so when I used this paisley damask fabric, the chill factor kicked in.
Piping worked again on the neckline at that the waistline too.
The bodice is fully lined for this version and I’ve hand sewn the hem.
This fabric didn’t need to be matched but all the seams match.
The key adjustment was made along the bust pleats. They are too wide so I had to hand stitch the outer bust pleat. It just looked weird – out of place.
Another dress pattern that works!