A couple of years ago we spent a week in Vanuatu. While in Port Vila, I found a few poly and rayon prints so I supported the local economy and I decided to trial these pants for Singapore.
Last time I made these pants in navy ripstop for my previous size. Now I used small and the pants need to be lengthened (6cm). So I added quilt binding from my stash to get the hem right and used the edging foot to get the stitching line in the right place. I do like the binding finish. Is that a good thing?
I’ve used 32mm/1 1/4 ” wide elastic in the waistband and coverstitched the waist band casing. Again, I need to add more to the casing (6cm) so that easily folds over. Printed pants like these are strictly weekend wear.
|The additional room is added right down the middle of this pattern piece.|
Then I made two more versions for the ‘one week, one pattern‘ challenge before we had our break.
|Grey linen shorts|
|Blue cotton pants|
The grey shorts became shorts because I didn’t have enough fabric for pants. I’ll get some more of this fabric from the Remnant Warehouse next month. It’s a lovely linen that is already crushed so how’s that for weekend linen pants. The blue embroidered fabric is pure cotton so it’s bound to crush but they’re for the weekend. Yay.
Here are the first two days of my OPOW attempt in Singapore with the grey shorts.
|On the Singapore Flyer|
|Just off the bus ready to explore Chinatown.|
We’re now back home so I’ve worn the blue embroidered pair for hanging out near the kitchen while DH cooks after work. He made a lovely ravioli and napolitana sauce after our afternoon ride.