Tidy up

This is my first go at making a belt. This is a dress that I made some time ago but I wasn’t sure about the fit or the belt. The dress is Butterick 5277 and I’ve used a stretch woven suiting fabric. The dress is lined but in our hot and humid weather, I’ll be using a soft poplin lining in future.

 I’ve done a bit of adjusting to this dress because it didn’t fit too well. It was billowing and a bit sack-like, so that forced me to finally make the belt. I’ve used a simple silver buckle with no rivets. There was some old waist band stiffening in my stash, so that’s what I’ve used inside the belt.


Below is the final one-shoulder dress. It was good for the heat that we had last Sunday. It was comfortable and fun to wear.

3 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.