I couldn’t let this week go by without finishing the first toile of this dress. The fabric is from Knitwit direct and I chose this fabric because of the dark all over pattern. The raglan sleeves threw me a bit but I realised I needed to take some fullness out of the front piece as my roll shoulder adjustment.
The fabric pattern is large so I didn’t bother trying to match it up. This length is going to be my dress length. The buckle was purchased at Jimmy’s buttons in Melbourne. The neckline facing is used as a feature instead of being sewn on the inside of the top. I think doing this in a contrasting colour would lift a plain knit fabric too. There’s some spandex in the fabric so it should keep it’s shape over time. Basically none of this dress was bought in Sydney.
Nice job. It looks like you have a perfect fit! I love this pattern. I've been contemplating making it again with the sleeves narrow.
You'll look good with the narrow sleeves.
Love the dress and the buckle gives it that bit extra. Very smart.