Here’s my toile and as you can tell, it needs a couple of buttons on the waistband as well as a hook at the cross over point.
- Lowered the waist line by 5cm
- Did a full bust adjustment and then dropped the bust point on the fabric by 2.5cm (gravity)
- Took out 4cm from the centre back, as you can see below.
- Slivered out 2cm from the back sleeve hem (gaposis). I’ll use soft gathers next time.
- I used used the foot D on my Janome to roll hem for quite a few finishes.
I added the purple bias to bring out the purple colour as the fabric is a big grey with the silver. The fabric is more suitable for a western hoe down outfit but I thought this top would work with dark skinny jeans, and it does. Once I get the buttons done, I’ll post up a final pic.
I’ve already found another fabric in my stash to work this top into a dress – yeah!
This morning I did a very hilly training ride and covered 68km. The road surface and the traffic coming home were my biggest hurdles. I’d also forgotten how many hills were out at West Head. Maybe my body will forgive me by Tuesday.