Butterick 6551 60s style

This is version #3 using another cotton fabric with a fab print for a wee bit of pattern matching with the front pockets. The print is a Ruby Star ‘Camellia’ print and the velvet neckline trim was from my stash.

This beauty of this pattern is that it has 2 hem lengths and 2 neckline variations. There is a back yoke and dah dah dah – no buttons or zippers required.
This time I’ve not used a collar but tried the ties at the neckline.

Again I used the Medium size and View A hem.
I have a C cup and for the first version I wore a minimal padded bra and the bust darts were fine.💯

With the previous pattern adjustments, this dress was super easy to sew and test out the new neckline.

These are all pretty small adjustments but they make me more likely to wear this dress again. I’ll also add this dress to those times I decide to go on vacation where it’s likely to be very warm. I’ve actually worn this dress 3 times since I made it.

This fabric is very stiff so I used a flat folds on the back yoke. I did make a belt for this version but I don’t like the belt version. It was an idea I tried and glad that I can put that idea as ‘done’ now.

Love print matching these pockets.🤓

I now have 3 versions of this fast and easy Butterick pattern. I’ll be taking all 3 of these dresses when we decide to take a vacation at some point during the year.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.