Last night I had a go an adjusting these pants. The fabric is a slight stretch woven. I have similar grey work jackets and I needed a grey pair of pants that fit. Unfortunately the side pockets again gaped too much for my liking. So I took them out. You can see the pocket shape I used on the front in the picture below. The lighter grey fabric is the pocket lining. I ran out of the grey wool fabric.
I think I am addicted to sewing because I woke up at 5am and finished these pants. What was bugging me was the amount of slack or billowing that was happening down both sides of the leg. Last night I eased our 2cm from the outer leg and 1cm from the inner leg. There’s still a bit of bulk so I’ll ease this out another time.
I think the next step is going to be to try a new pattern with a slim fit leg. So after making x number of pants this year, I’ve learnt lots about pocket placement, a bit more about fit and I think I can now attempt jeans. The back view still looks wedgie through. I’ll have to add a bigger butt curve. Now that’ll be fun.
Tip: When I took the waistaband off and cut the waist down to size, I put two safety pins mid way along the zipper, so I wouldn’t accidentally pull the zipper handle off the zipper. I’ve done that heaps of times before.
The fit looks really good on these! For some reason, I really like grey pants. Classic, versatile….
Oh, yes, pulling the tab off… I think these pants look wonderful on you.
You have made some great progress on your pants, see what you mean but they are totally wearable, try them in the shop uugghh.