Here’s another recipe I found online that I enjoy using.
Preheat the oven to 350F/170C
1 cup butter or margarine (250gm)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups plain flour
4 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Blend 130gm butter with 1 cup sugar (the remaining butter is used to coat roll the donuts before rollingn the donuts in the cinnamon sugar mix)
2. Add the eggs and mix well.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
4. Add the butter and sugar mixture in.
5. Blend in the milk and mix thoroughly.
6. Place the mixture into a zip-lock bag, seal and snip off a corner so you can pour the batter into the tin.
7. Fill the donut tray 2/3 full.
8. Bak for 15 – 20 minutes of until golden brown.
9. While donuts are warm, roll them in melted butter and then in the cinnamon/sugar mix.
I’ll try these again with stronger flour but these still tasted great with custard.