Breaking rules

Two lace fabrics and a large print might sound like a recipe for disaster. That’s what I thought and I decided to try this when I tested Miz Mozelle by Jaime Christina.

All of these fabrics are Pitt Trading remnants. There are florals on the lace pieces and the dress fabric has a huge floral print on it.

In the process of making this test dress, I lost the collar piece so I used a similar collar pattern from a different pattern. It worked.

The Chantilly lace collar on this test dress is not finished. The raw edge is on the outside edge of the collar.

I had to reshape the lace sleeve hem because it looked a bit too drab. You can see how I adjusted the sleeve pattern piece.

The actual pattern has a separate bodice and skirt piece.
To keep the dress print consistent, I lengthened the bodice to dress length. The tricky bit was sewing the bias tape inside the waistline so I could have the elastic gathers at my waistline.

This dress is low maintenance and forgiving.

I’m very happy this experiment worked out.

Next up, the version I wanted with a bit more detailing.

Follow

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.