The pic and drawing above are from Outlander. Ignore the reference if you’ve not read the books or seen the TV series as yet.
|Here’s my line drawing and basic bodice block.|
The skirt I’ve added isn’t the same as the costume dress. I’m a bit too short to carry off a full gathered skirt and not have this dress look like a costume piece.
|A close up of the dress bodice. It’s fully lined|
The bodice style and fabrics used reflect Claire’s surgery dress.
|I left the bodice darts and concentrated on getting the bodice angles and neckline to work|
Initially I thought the sleeves were part of the dress but when I looked closely at the pictures above, they’re separate pieces.
|Here’s a close up of the shoulders/neckline|
The dress fabric is made of $2/m shirting bought at Cabramatta. I’ve used piping from my stash on the neckline and armholes of the dress.
|Bodice back view using self covered buttons and an invisible zip.|
My zipper wasn’t long enough for the full dress length so I added three self-covered buttons so this zipper length worked on this dress.
The blouse fabric is made from reused curtain lining I bought at a local Vinnies shop. I’ve used my basic no-dart block pattern for the blouse.
|Mustard poly poplin skirt lining just in case…|
Now if I want to be a bit Vivienne Westwood/Steampunk, I can hitch up one side of the skirt and reveal the skirt lining.