Vintage update – Style 4859

Happy St Patricks Day. This was my first run at getting this vintage pattern to work. 1974 doesn’t seem that long ago… On paper I added room for my bust and waist. Once I made this test dress, I removed the added width. What will remain is the extra length in the bust area for my own comfort and have included a bust dart for shaping. This dress is 10cm/2″ shorter than the short version. I added in the zipper late in construction as the pattern suggested which worked out great for getting the fit right. I will need to do a sway back adjustment because there were some gathers across the back when I wore the dress.

This fabric came from dotsnstripes.co.uk 3 years ago.

This fabric is a kiddie print and I’ve added green poplin bias trim on the dress and for the dress ties cause I’m still into green and I wanted to tone down the pinks. I used the fast turner tool for the dress ties. The skirt has a bit of twirl room that I will tone down for the next version maybe.
These two have just arrived in the mail. And Love Vintage fair is on in Sydney on 23 -25 March if anyone’s interested in everything vintage.

This will need some hacking for size.
This won’t need too much grading – I think.