Sharon’s rust shirtmaker dress made a strong impression on me because she always does excellent finishing and she’s got a great eye for detail. Her dress is really well made and fits her perfectly. Anyway, she inspired me to pay more attention to my sewing so at the last Rhodes Guild session I cut out a shirt length style with the aim to lift my game. I got to the point of adding the collar and put it aside do to Mum’s sewing.
This weekend I made time to work on it a bit at a time, and not rush into it. DH was helpful in deciding what buttons to add to the shirt. First time! Anyway, I wanted a cap sleeve, so I took the sleeve from B5328.
Here’s how my shirt turned out. I do like the fabric contrasts. The skirt was made earlier this year and it’s become a work staple.
The front and back pieces are lined because of the embroidered cut out bits in the fabric. The lining is a lightweight poplin. I’ve used this for the front and back pieces, collar band and button front.
The back needs more adjusting and the black buttons were from a Lincraft sales years ago.
This shows the french seams, bias sleeve finish and the lining effect on the inside.
Oh its absolutely beautiful. Very smart for work, and fabulously executed.
So very cute!
Stunning shirt, you have done an excellent job with this and thank you for the compliment.
Your welcome Sharon.
Sharon does make better sewers out of us doesn't she! Love your shirt. I bought this pattern when Tessutis had McCalls patterns at half price a few weeks back. it is so versatile.
Love your blouse and it looks great on you.