Reality adjustments

Last night I wore this wearable toile out to dinner Butterick 5046. We went to a local Nepalese place and had a good night out. So good, I forgot that I was meeting friends today. Doh.

Anyway, this top looked really good with jeans and the silver thread in the fabric, meant I didn’t need to wear blingy earrings etc. What I did realise is there was a bit of billowing happening between my bust and the waist band.

As you can see below, I’ve taken some of the fullness out of the neck line, but there was still some fullness under the bust.
So I undid the waistband and tucked in the excess fabric. The buttons had a similar purple stripe in them. I found the buttons at the local thrift/tailor shop.

These changes are now going to be included in the pattern. I figure that the silver thread make this fabric sit up more that cotton/silk fabric would do. It’s a really light piece of fabric, but I think the metallic thread makes any bulk stand up instead of fall gracefully. I’ve got a black piece of this fabric that I’ll use for the dress with sleeves version.
I’m using the rest of this fabric for the top toile of Butterick 5333.
This top is fitted, and should work with this fabric. What I will do is use a stretch woven when I make this top properly because it will feel nicer if it becomes a work top.
BTW, I’m not going to do the mini wardrobe. I’m going to focus on working on new patterns for the next few months.

One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.