250gm or 8 oz butter or substitute
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 egg yolk
3 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 tablespoon whiskey
extra icing sugar to dust the biscuits once they’re out of the oven.
- Soften butter in a bowl. Beat well.
- Add sifted icing sugar and beat until fluffy. The product should be lighter than when you began.
- Add egg yolk and beat thoroughly.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Add chopped almonds and sprinkle lightly with whiskey. Emphasis on lightly.
- Knead well and form into long biscuit shapes.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown, take them out to cool and dust with icing sugar.