Last month I was introduced to these morsels of taste that I now love. These are the 3 recipes I now use.
Here’s a cranberry recipe I found online that tastes yummy.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or almond meal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened if you want them to be paleo)
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates, about 6-7 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a high speed blender or food processor add the cashews and almonds and pulse until they are finely ground, careful not to turn them into nut butter.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend or pulse until everything starts to come together.
- Scrape down the sides several times and add up to 2 tablespoons of water.
- You may need to remove the mixture and place it into a bowl and mash it together with your hands or a spatula.
- Form into approximately 20 balls about 2 teaspoons each.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
This almond and cocoa protein ball recipe was given to me by my sister.
1 1/2 cups of almond meal
1/4 cup protein powder
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon tahini or coconut oil
Coconut for rolling
Blend these all until they form a dough.
Form into balls and roll in coconut.
Lastly I found this Lemon Tumeric protein ball recipe
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder ground
- ½ cup shredded coconut for dusting
Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
Add the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.
Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving