No sleeves this time so this dress works for Summer parties. I used the embroidered selvage for the hem.
The waist darts help me adjust this dress to fit as my waist changes. Underlining also made sewing in the invisible zipper easy work.
Originally I wanted to used FOE on the neckline and armholes but caved and used lining. The lining gave a better finish both on the inside and on the outside.
A few weekends ago I had a great day fabric shopping in Brisbane with Marjorie and Jenny visiting a couple of high end retailers. We spent ages looking at fabrics at Selective Fine Fabrics and this was one of the fabrics I decided to splurge on.
Why did I make this so quickly? I have a ladies lunch last Sunday hence a new dress!
Then I decided to be brave and make View A using this John Lewis fabric I bought in the UK a few years ago. John Lewis doesn’t post fabric to Australia which I wasn’t aware of when we visited the UK 3 years ago.
Again I’ve fully lined this dress. I used View E front as the lining pattern. This made the front fit a lot easier to do.
One thing that makes this dress so easy to make and wear is using a 50cm to 55cm invisible zipper. I buy these zips from My Hung because they’re close by and affordable. My Hung have their zips hanging flat so I never have the iron out the kinks from packaged zips.
I think I’ve done this pattern to its limit for now.
Well I thought I was until I decided to use an African wax print for a vintage-style version.
This is the dress I used for the square neckline tutorial.
So I suppose I’ve finished working with NL 6000.
As this was an easy pattern to redo in a few different ways, I decided to enter these into PR’s One pattern many looks contest.
I certainly can’t say “I don’t have a thing to wear” in the lead up to Christmas this year.
Back to the sewing room.