- This pattern was in test mode so after some careful measurements, I made the 12. Coats are worn over clothes so to make the 6 would have resulted in a fitted coat to wear over a light layer of clothes. I intend to wear Spearmint at special functions that requires some glamour/drama, so who knows what sort of layers I’ll wear under this coat.
- Made the pocket opening 5cm less from the bottom opening.
- Roll shoulder adjustment on the front, back and sleeve.
- Sway back adjustment on the back waist and I lowered the back hem at the centre back.
- Took 12cm off the hem
- Shortened the sleeves by 6cm.
- Used the main pattern pieces for the lining because of the deadline
- Added a coat hook at the base of the collar (see below).
The groovy lining is from Tessuti’s ‘mystery fabrics’ section at Surry Hills. That’s what I call it. I made the same adjustments to the fashion fabric pieces and the lining pieces.
This ruffle collar is so fun to wear. I think I’m really loving big collars now.
Spearmint is $22, or in a limited three pack set for the holidays, meaning all three patterns (Sugar Plum, Gunmetal, and Spearmint) for $52. Psst: Spearmint is selling pre-sale at 15% discount this week only.
Amity is selling hair canvas, the 1 ¼ yard needed for the pattern for $11 (at $8.80 /yard ) if you can’t get it locally.
Here’s a link to the Spearmint bloghop launch.
- Katie from Kadiddlehopper,
- little me
- Leila and Lady Katza will feature on Thursday – a double feature
- Heather shows her style on Friday
- Winnie is Saturday’s dazzler
- Simona features on Sunday
- Anne will hit Monday for a ‘sixer’.
I’ll update this list as more Spearmints are featured.
And there’ll be a sewalong in February so you’ll always have an online reference when you’re ready to tackle your own Spearmint coat.
I’m looking forward to wearing Spearmint next year for special occasions.