Design learning – Kwik Sew 2694

As you can see, I had to take my own pic and this design worked.
I’ve used a two-step process to sew on this FOE.
These photos are proof that this two-step process and it worked. No tears. 
The key design suggestion was to use part of the fabric border under the bust. The picture above is the before shot.
This is the after shot and the shot at the top is the finished product.
This pattern has had all the alterations to make it work on me – sway back adjustment, neckline gaps, shortened shoulder line, lowered back hem edge.
Tonight ACDC is playing and they’re not playing as loud as they were two nights ago. I can still hear every word – and they’re still good.

Border line – Butterick 5328

As I’m still working on my SWAP, I found a piece of black woven fabric with a heavy embroidered border. I bought this from Pitt Trading at least three years ago. I thought it would be good on a dress but I’ve used this on the bottom hem of this cross over top.

I’m using Butterick 5328 and I’ve already made this up twice before.

This week I was in the mood to alter and cut out a few pieces to sew on the weekend and this was one of them. A pattern piece was missing so I traced this from a top I made up last year (lucky).
I’ve added a full bust adjustment and I’ve made the sleeve gathered. I’m not sure how long/short the sleeve will be as yet. It will depend on where it ends, in relation to my bust. I always avoid sleeve hems that are level with my bust. I don’t need the attention here.