V1204 – Green festive season

All week I had been toying with how to add a coin pocket to these pants. And I was trying to find the energy to have them ready to wear on Christmas Day. Well both issues were resolved so it’s definitely Happy New Year to everyone. Thank you ‘sewing gods’.

The fabric was from the fabric shop that moved away from Burwood earlier this year. This is a green cotton drill and I am loving the coloured jeans that are out this season. I’ve still got plenty of this fabric for another project. And I’m still building green into my wardrobe – slowly.

 

This version has smaller front pockets than the first version and I’ve used different pocket stitching. The topstitching is a combination of normal thread and embroidery thread. You can see the top stitching but it’s not bulky. The pockets are really shallow now and the coin pockets look a bit ‘burda’ to me.

I did the fly front stitching and I fudged the waistband to match. This version has a lower waist than the first red version and I did build in more room for my thighs. I had removed 2 cm from the centre back from the pattern but I still needed to take another 2 cm from the actual centre back. Either the fabric stretches or I just can’t get the cut right on the centre back yolk

These pants took me less time to make – because there wasn’t so much unpicking as the first version. 6 hours in total. I’m eagerly waiting for more rivets to arrive in the mail because I’m now running out of these nickel rivets that I bought in NZ in October. I wasn’t able to find any in Sydney.
There are lots of creases at the front and behind the knee because I wore these at an all-day sewing session with my sewing buddies and then headed out with DH for plenty of post-Christmas socialising.

Jalie jeans 2908

This is the coolest pattern. I’m bias. After unpicking the previous woven pair V1204, this pair was much quicker to finish. And they really are low rise.
The fabric is a stretch woven from the Remnant Warehouse ($3 for 3 metres) and the metal zip was 20c from a sale. So really, this pair were definitely low cost and low stress.
By the time I made this pair, I knew that the centre back seam was going to be trimmed back by 3cm because of my sway back. Next pair, I’ll raise the centre back yolk by 3cm so the back jeans don’t drop when I bend over.
I didn’t use the topstitching thread on the zipper opening or down the centre back. Sylvia at work said this made these jeans look more dressy. I did add two coin pockets. Again, I had a machine with top stitching thread, a second machine with sewing thread and the overlocker set up for these jeans.

Next pair will have smaller back pockets and smaller coin pockets. I’ll petite them.