Vintage halter #2

The changes from the first halter dress were made to this version. Basically all the adjustments made to cater for my size were removed. Maybe a refresher Maths class might help me…

This fabric was meant for weekend pants but I thought the plaid lines would be better used (less blocky) for this dress. In reality, I only tried to match the lines on the bust but the lines matched most of the way around the dress.

The pattern doesn’t have bias trim under the bust, that’s just my adjustment to play with the fabric lines. Nuts huh?

Nuts and bolts:
I used the normal sewing foot, a walking foot, a hemming foot and a basic zipper foot as well as the coverpro machine for the hem.
One of the last construction steps is to sew in a zipper and I swear this is a very smart move because you can really get the bodice fit right (no tears).
And I’m also getting better at using the ‘fast turner’ tool for straps.

Next is a 60’s tunic dress.

The pattern pieces were all in the pack, precut and used but they’re all there.
I’ve got a medium weight fabric that will work and I’ll source a zipper – if not from my stash – at the Remnant Fabric warehouse on Saturday.
At this stage, self cover buttons are my preference.
I’ve not made pockets but I’ll give them a crack for this dress.

Faux wrap – Vogue 8379

This is my favourite faux wrap dress that I’ve made before. At our last sewing session, my sewing buddies were all making something in green so this is my first green piece of 2011. Yes – green with envy

I added a grey/green piece of lace on the neckline and then added some beading to lift the neckline. The girls at work commented on it. They’re so used to seeing my wardrobe change that it’s only when I do something different that they comment. I bought the fabric from The Fabric Store early last year.
This has my normal adjustments: sway back adjustment, roll shoulder adjustment, shortened hem line and I use the sleeve size without the cuff.



This week I saw a couple of episodes of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, so I used the striped knit burgundy and gave it a bit of 70’s treatment on the neckline and cuffs.

The nice thing is I orginally used the 14 size pattern and now I’m using the 12 size. You can see how I’ve had to take out fabric from the back bodice. The skirt wasn’t working so I made the side seams straight.


The front is easier to retro fit because I’ve just readjusted the existing wrapped front to fit.
 
The cuffs don’t close together. Faux cuffs.
I think this fabric was also bought from The Fabric Store at the same time.

I’m also fish-sitting a friend’s pets and they’re keeping me company in my sewing room. They’re not too fussy. They just enjoy being fed and swimming around while listening to my sewing machine hum. I’ve even put the aircon on so they don’t get too hot:)